Saturday, August 7, 2010

My cookies looked like shit??

Yes it is a bit disheartening

i know, people are entitled to their own opinions, but to be judged by someone you first and foremost you do not know or even met in your life, kinda sucks
Yes i am a bit sensitive about this.

Currently i am dabbling in the cookie making business to earn some side income for the coming festive season. I see no harm in that. I know there are dozens and even hundreds of cookie supplier/maker/distributor in this country but what harm have i done? I am just a girl who likes baking, and some of my friends and families have tasted the cakes or cookies or treats that i baked and liked them.

Furthermore due to health reason i am currently unemployed, but do i go and sit around for money to fall onto my lap? No way, i have skills. I will use them to good use. Hey, i am ashamed when i watched that TV3 programme Bersamamu, i thought if they can endure hardship, what is stopping me from trying harder? I don't kill people or beat them up. Yet

So yes i posted some pictures of my so called amateur cookie making. To promote them to the mass. It's a form of marketing. I studied marketing for 4 years, time to use that skills. What harm have i done? Then my brother's girlfriend, being the sweetheart that she is decided to help me selling the cookies at her college. She tagged a few of her friends' name in facebook. Until one one them, by the name of Cherry Reen commented:

"It looks like shit"

Dear Ms Cherry Reen
Are you a Wilton graduate? I am not
Are you a Cordon Bleu alumni? I am not
Are you Nigella Lawson or Rachel Ray or Rachel Allen's student? I am not

What did i do next? I just deleted her comment, blocked her and yes i am airing my grouse here in my blog. I have never been so saddened in my life. Angry? Nah i am not that angry. Why should i be? I don't know her. It is just a bit disheartening that my efforts are being criticised by some teenage neanderthal without her actually knowing the real reason in me dabbling in cookie making.

I can take criticisms. I took one yesterday from my friend but no harm done. She was helping me. As i said, positive criticisms are more than welcome by me. I do admire one of my close friend who has a blog, www.diyanazman.com and she has been criticised by some people due to one of her post. Her patience in receiving all those negative comments and facing them heads on. Me? I just received one bad comment in my facebook page, and here i am already feeling like strangling that poor girl

. D, how do you do it?

Oh Madame Julia Child, how do i refrain myself from kicking that poor girl's ass?

But i do like to thank my friends who kept on sms-ing me and calling me telling me to hang in there. How can i repay you guys? From the bottom of my heart i thank thee and i promise to do better!

To that girl Cherry Reen, pray that I don't go to your college and confront you, because honestly I don't know what i will do to you, and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment