Thursday, June 17, 2010

Movie time - Karate Kid


I feel so restless lately, and when there's a hype of the new remake of Karate Kid, i just couldnt resist myself to go watch it.
I missed watching the movie twice as the cinemas were overbooked and when i finally managed to get a ticket (hint: a ticket, yes i did watch the movie alone), i was extremely ecstatic!

You see, i like martial arts. I am a fan of it since god knows when. I have a red belt in taekwon-do which i earned during my uni days and the red belt is now safely tucked in my drawers as a memory of the good old times i had with my taekwon-do buddies whom i still kept in touch with via facebook. After uni, i took another type of martial arts which was silat cekak  which i then quit as the instructor was the ultimate feminist, followed by kickboxing which then the gym where the class was held decided to close down due to insufficient amount of clientele...sheesh....! I then decided to enrol in aikido...

What happened? - I got married....hahahaha

I will continue my conquest of enrolling myself with some kind of martial arts by latest next year...(here's to wishing hard)..

Anyway back to the story, i watched the Karate Kid and i find it very, very entertaining. The feel good movie kind. The kind that makes you wanna go hug your kids and motivate them; and it helped me with my mandarin too. It's kinda cute when a kid tried to make his mother happy by tolerating with her every whims and whines, and it's kinda cute watching young puppy love...makes you go awww...

And how a kid motivates himself with a never go die attitude..priceless!

Also I find Jackie Chan is amusing without showcasing one of his comic-martial arts-stunt. How a man mourns at a loss of the ones who he loved. Reminded me that someone really have to up his emotional ante. Hint hint!

Plus, the view of China...especially the Great Wall was breathtaking!!

So mum and dad, get your kids to watch this movie. Drag them to the cinema...or get the DVD when it comes out.

For more info and trailer, go to http://www.karatekid-themovie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment