Thursday, June 17, 2010

What to do next??



Shucks, now after deciding to quit my so called job, i am clueless of what to do next. Yes i know people has been nagging to me to think first before i made any decisions. I did put lots of thoughts on that. You see i am at this stage where money is not a problem, yet (thank God). I have my scrimping the amounts that i have as my emergency savings. I have signed up for insurance coverages for me and my little tyke, hoping that my other half will not be burden with unnecessary money emergencies, and calculating that the amount of money that i have saved might last me for a year or two.

I can always find work. As they say. They here means my friends. They told me that i have killer survival skills. You can put me anywhere anytime and i will always survive. They saw me got over so many obstacles yet I always prevail. They saw something that I don't inside of me. One of them even told me that she was surprised that i have one skill that nobody thought i would have. A tomboy like me.

What is that skill?

Baking

My cousins will laugh at you  if you tell them that i can bake. Ask them this question 12 years ago and they will laugh like a hyena. You know why? Because 12 years ago i tried to make some Hari Raya cookies and they turned up, hard.

Hard? What do you mean hard?

Hard. As in when you throw the cookies to the window, the window will crack.

One of my cousin did threw the cookie. I told him to do so. It didn't cracked, thankfully; but it did lead out to a hard and  loud THUD!! sound. Thanks for nothing Jimmie. Damn.

Then last year i stumbled upon a recipe to make a chocolate fudge cake. I follow each and every step in making it carefully and anxiously wait for it to turn out. It turned out good. Okay i am still a sceptic. I decided to bake more and distribute it with my cousins. They loved it. I also baked them some chocolate cheesecake which i brought to a family gathering. It was finished off clean.

By these bunch of cousins who made fun of my baking skills. I am so bloated with pride. Hahaha

Now, if you noticed people has gone cupcake crazy. Everywhere i go there are people with cupcakes and how they sell. Imagine little teeny weeny little cupcakes being sold at RM 2.50 per piece. I wince at the price. Damn....for RM5.00++ you can get a slice of Secret Recipe cake. Maybe its the workmanship. I haven't tried any of these cupcakes, i never have the urge to do so. If i want cupcakes, i will bake them myself. I did baked for my friends and selling them at RM 1.50 apiece. Same size et all, but i am selling myself short because in my opinion, i don't have the qualifications of making the best cupcakes ever. Every cupcakes i made, i give myself 5 outta 10.

The cupcake deco itself, sucks. Because nobody ever tell or teach me on how to decorate my cupcakes. I learnt it online all by myself. I just don't have the patience of decorating something so teeny weeny while at the same time having my daughter tugging at my pants telling me that she poo poo-ed in her diapers.

No patience

Then came cake orders. I was surprised at first when people at work started to order from me their kids birthday cakes, followed by anniversary cakes. I was overwhelmed with the supports given, thanks guys! And then came an order of a wedding cake. Me? wedding cake? i decided to take the order, although that did meant that my husband and i were at each others' throat decorating it. I mean, who is this guy (husband) who has the cheek to command me what to do when he himself didn't had any clue? I almost sliced him up with the decorating knife. Now, that will be a bloody wedding cake if that ever happened.

I decided to set up a blog about this cake and treats making that i was dabbling. It was a hit. Orders kept on pouring but regretfully something came up that force me to put my activity at a hiatus.

My company decided to downsize its workforce and closed down my department at JB. A decision made by idiot, supported by an idiot.

I then received another job offer which caused me to be afar from my family and my beloved oven.

Demands dwindled as the cake maker is not available at JB. Damn. Damn. Damn.

I curse thee idiots at M****k!

Yet now, due to health reasons, i myself have to turn myself  from a career-woman-Ala-Lynette-Scavo to Domestic-Goddess-Bree-Van-Der-Kemp. I am going to struggle like what Miss-Devil-May-Care-Gabrielle Solis encountered when Carlos lost his sights, but i think i will prevail. Look at Bree, she put her skills learned to full use. I planned to do that. By hook or by crook. I have to. Or else who will support my babies? 

Aw shucks...bring on the challenges. I will encounter them one by one. With the last breath that i have.

Damn

** for my cakes and treats blog, log on to http://crazycousinscreations.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment